SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to
ECCS'10 - European Conference on Complex Systems
Lisbon, September 13-17, 2010
==== Call for Satellite Meeting Proposals ====
The ECCS’10 European Conference on Complex Systems will be located at the Lisbon University Institute, on September 13-17, 2010. The general conference web site can be found at http://eccs2010.eu/
The ECCS’10 Organizing Committee invites proposals for the Satellite Meeting Program to be held on September 15-16, 2010 during the ECCS’10 conference.
The main goal of the ECCS’10 Satellite Meetings is to stimulate and facilitate discussion, interaction, and comparison of approaches, methods, and ideas related to specific topics, both theoretical and applied, in the general area of Complex Systems research. Previous ECCS conferences have provided an excellent environment allowing the discussion and propagation of new ideas to a large audience. Please check the Satellite Meetings web page at the previous ECCS’09 conference: http://eccs09.info/
Members from all areas of the Complex Systems research community are invited to submit Satellite Meeting proposals for review. Meetings on new and emerging topics and applications are particularly encouraged. Each meeting can last between half and two days. Satellite Meeting organizers and attendees must register for the meeting and for the main ECCS’10 conference.
==== Important Dates for Satellite Meetings ====
January 11, 2010 - Submission Deadline for Satellite Meeting Proposals
January 20, 2010 - Notification of Acceptance
February 10, 2010 - Deadline for posting Satellite Meeting “Call for Papers”
February 10, 2010 - ECCS’10 Satellite Meetings Programme Announced
April 30, 2010 - Deadline for the submission of contributions to Satellite Meetings
May 31, 2010 – Notification of paper acceptance to Satellite Meetings
June 15, 2010 - Deadline for submission of complete Satellite Meeting documentation to the ECCS’10 Conference Chair
==== Satellite Meetings Requirements for Submission ====
Proposals for Satellite Meetings should be a maximum of five pages in length (in plain ASCII text), and should contain the following information:
- Title of the Satellite Meeting.
- A technical description of the Satellite Meeting, specifying its goals, the technical issues that it will address, and the relevance of the meeting to the main conference.
- A discussion of why, and to whom, the workshop is of interest.
- A list of related meetings held within the last three years, if any, and their relation to the proposed meeting. Information about previous offerings of the proposed meeting: when and where it has been offered in the past, organizers names and affiliations, number of submissions, acceptances and registered attendees, and follow-up publications, if any (e.g. journal special issues).
- A preliminary meeting agenda and a proposed schedule for organizing the meeting.
- Description of the paper review process and acceptance standards.
- If available, a list of tentatively confirmed attendees.
- The names, affiliations, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the proposed Satellite Meeting organizing committee. This committee should consist of up to four people knowledgeable about the technical issues to be addressed. The organizing committee should include individuals from more than one institution.
-The name of the primary contact for the organizing committee (this person must have an email address).
- A description of the qualifications of the organizing committee members for organizing an ECCS meeting.
- List of potential programme committee members, including their title and affiliations.
- Expected duration of the meeting (half day, full day or two days).
- A list of places (mailing lists, web sites, journals, etc.) where the meeting will be advertised.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, in plain ASCII text, to the ECCS’10 Conference Chair Jorge Louçă ( [log in to unmask] ) as soon as possible but no later than January 11, 2010.
Prospective organizers will be notified of the committee's decision no later than: January 20, 2010.
The selection of the Satellite Meetings to be included in the final ECCS’10 programme will be based upon multiple factors, including: the scientific/technical interest of the topics, the clarity of the proposal in addressing the requested information, the innovativeness of meeting topics, the cross-disciplinary nature of the meeting, and the scope of the Satellite Meeting Programme . Note that authors of proposals addressing similar and/or overlapping content areas and/or audiences may be requested to merge their proposals.
==== Responsibilities of ECCS’10 and Satellite Meeting organizers ====
For all accepted proposals, ECCS’10 will be responsible for:
- Providing publicity for the Satellite Meetings series as a whole.
- Together with the organizers, determining the meeting date and time.
- Providing logistical support and a meeting place at ECCS’10.
Satellite Meeting organizers will be responsible for:
- Setting up a website for the meeting.
- Advertising the meeting and issuing a call for papers (by February 10, 2010) and a call for participation (by July 31, 2010).
- Collecting and evaluating submissions, notifying authors of acceptance or rejection on a timely basis, and ensuring a transparent and fair selection process. All meeting organizers commit themselves to adopt the same deadlines for paper submissions and notifications of acceptance, i.e., April 30, 2010: Submissions of contributions to meetings; May 31, 2010: Notifications
- Making the PDF of the whole meeting documentation available to the conference chair by June 15, 2010, as well as a list of audio-visual requirements and any special room requirements. The ECCS’10 Satellite Meetings notes will be included in the CD-Rom containing the ECCS’10 conference proceedings.
- Ensuring that the meeting documentation or individual papers are available from the meeting website, as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the Satellite Meeting organizers and the participants register for the main conference (at least one author must register for the conference in order for a paper to appear in the meeting proceedings).
ECCS’10 reserves the right to cancel any Satellite Meeting if the above responsibilities are not fulfilled, or if too few paying attendees register for the meeting to support its running costs.
==== Submissions and Inquiries ====
Please send proposals and inquiries to:
Lisbon University Institute
ECCS'10 - European Conference on Complex Systems - eccs2010.eu