***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** I don't find this idea of "self-organized groups following common decision-making processes" all that surprising given that there are extensive learning networks that connect many of these insurgencies and terrorist groups. The core members of the RUF (Sierra Leone) trained in Libya, as did the IRA as did the PLO. Iraqi insurgents use the IRA manuals as training guides. The Taliban uses indoctrination techniques similar to the Khmer Rouge, and so forth. Soviets trained Cubans trained Angolans. Afghan mujahideen trained Southeast Asian insurgents. A common education creates a common behavior.

-Robert Tynes
 SUNY/Albany