***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi,

A few members of the SOCNET mailinglist pointed me to SIENA for longitudonal social network analysis. I don't know if my posting is right here, but I am having problems importing two nets of the size of approx 650 nodes into the module.

When I do the SIENA data specification and add those two networks into "Dep. networks in seq. order" either nothing happens if I click ok, or I am getting the error "Access violation at adress 004E2E40 in module "StOCNet.exe. Read of adress 00DF0008."

My data is saved in the edgelist format which is available since v. 4 and looks like this:

BoehningB,michaeladam1984,1
Elke_Ferner,michaeladam1984,1
kaigersch,michaeladam1984,1
guentergloser,michaeladam1984,1
hubertus_heil,michaeladam1984,1
heinzpaula,michaeladam1984,1
approx 8k rows.

Should i re-encode the node names into integers, or ist the edgelist support only beta? Maybe somebody had some luck with this.

Cheers
Thomas

------
Thomas Plotkowiak
Research Assistant
Institute for Media and Communications Management
St. Gallen