***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Thomas,

I recommend using ORA. †ORA is pretty easy to figure out and it can import your UCINet files. †ORA is available at www.casos.cs.cmu.edu. †Once you get the program and start it, you import files by clicking the magic wand at the upper right. †The easiest options are to run the QAP/MRQAP Report, which will give you correlation, Hamming distance (if dichotomous) and Euclidean distance. †The other option is to click on the tool bar at the top and find the option for "View Network Over Time." †This feature has many tools for over time analysis. †You have the simple ability to view measures over time, you can apply Fourier analysis to detect periodicity in your data, you can also apply statistical process control to detect changes over time.

Another option is to load your networks in R (not sure how the import works for that one). †You can run an ergm on one network and use the edgecov(network2) which will enable you to test in an ergm another network covariate. †You can actually include as many edgecov terms as you like corresponding to other networks, but there may become a degeneracy issue. †If the edgecov term is significant, that would indicate a significant relationship between the networks given any other terms you include in the model. †This approach is a bit more complex and I am not sure it gets at what you are after.

RSiena also provides some overtime analysis options, depending on what you are trying to do.

Ian

Ian McCulloh
Major, US Army
Assistant Professor