(248) 370-4460

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Jakobson
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 10:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutor Pay

Hi John:

I think we'll probably be the lowest of those responding; we're in such a
low-income, rural area.  MI's minimum wage is $7.40:

All of our tutors are peer tutors:

Beginning tutor:	$7.45
CRLA Level I:		$7.70
CRLA Level II:		$7.95
CRLA Level III:		$8.20

Small group tutoring is .50 more per hour.

We do have a couple of adjunct English faculty manning our Writing Center;
they're paid the 'special project' rate of $16.00/hr.  We also have 2
part-time Lead tutors, both with Bachelor's degrees, who are classified
paraprofessionals and are on a step pay schedule that ranges from $11.50 -
$22.75 per hour.

I'm hoping to get some sort of raise for the peer tutors in the upcoming
budget but given MI's economy and funding issues, who knows.

Kate

Kate Jakobson, M.S., Director
Tutoring & Student Success
Kirtland Community College