We pay all our tutors $10.00 and we had been bumping them to $10.50 and then $11.00 with CRLA I and II levels (we don't have III).  However, with the budget cuts, we've suspended all increases and fortunately, our tutors are very understanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of M.E. McWilliams
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 9:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutor Pay

The last minimum wage increase meant that our front desk staff who mostly
greet clients and enter data were making only one dollar less than our
tutors.  Their skill set demanded that we increase our tutor pay wage.  We
now begin tutors at $9.00 but with each advancement in CRLA the wage
increases,  with Master Tutors earning $10.00 an hour. It has been a real
strain on our budget, but we feel that even if we have to sacrifice summer
tutoring, the wage increase was necessary if we were to fairly compensate
our tutors. The numbers that are being shared on the listserv this week will
provide some with the data they need to push administrators for tutor
raises!

Woo HOo!
M.E. McWilliams
AARC Director