I have seen a posting of a Whooping Crane near Gainesville (Alachua County?).  I'm wondering if a bird like this would ususally stay in a single spot like this for an extended period of time.  I am driving to the west coast of Florida Christmas Eve and would consider a short detour to see this "lifer".  Any thoughts or help would be welcome.

Thanks,
Brian Schiefer
Hazlet NJ