Hello folks:

Here's a recap of last night's meeting. And, thanks to this list, we had
representation from the Linux community!
Eric Lavigne won the first CodeTown Coding Contest using Clojure to develop
a web based Wari game. Personally, I had an 'aha moment' during Eric's
explanation of functional programming. His unbelievably good implementation
of the game as a web app was done in only 100 lines of code. You can see it
here: http://www.codetown.us/group/contesttown/forum/topics/wari-contest-1Then,
Kevin Neelands described to us how he learned iPhone development,
produced 5 (countem!) apps and deployed them to the Apple Apps store. Kevin
describes his apps here:
http://www.codetown.us/group/iphonedevelopment/forum/topics/whats-your-favorite-iphone-appWe
may have a continuation on the same theme because we ran short of time
last night. Local Orlando company StackFrame <http://StackFrame.com> came
through at the last minute with pizza, wings and drinks for all. We had lots
of books and swag, too. I hope we have more at the next GatorJUG meeting. I
think there may be some carpooling to Orlando for this month's OrlandoJUG
meeting on Maven.  http://www.codetown.us/events/orlandojug-maven
The GatorJUG events are often posted on the GatorLUG website and you can
keep up with them all on CodeTown.

Best,

Mike