The UF Teaching Center's free Teaching Assistant Development workshop series -- see us online under "TA Development" on the TC website:   www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu -- begins on January 26th. Our spring workshops will focus on using technology in your teaching, and will feature several new sessions, including introduction to new technologies offered by the UF libraries, and the new Sakai system that will be replacing E-Learning later in the year.

Our Spring 2010 workshop calendar is as follows:

1/26 Put your Syllabus on the Web

2/2 Powerpoint I

2/9 Power Point II

2/16 New multi-media resources at UF Libraries (covering Flip Video cameras that are available for checkout by students faculty, special media production studios, video-conferencing room, and more)

2/23 Optimizing Graphics with GIMP (free, open-source software that facilitates editing of graphics, like Photoshop)

3/2 Digital Gradebooks

3/16 Sakai I

3/23 Sakai II

All sessions begin at 5:00 p.m. For more information and to register, go to www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu and click on "TA Development." You may register for as many workshops as you like, and students who attend the required number of workshops will receive a certificate. If you have any questions, please e-mail them to [log in to unmask] Thank you.