I'm drafting The Networked Revolution chapter for the Rainie-Wellman
_Networked_ book.

Most pressing:

Can anyone suggest statistical indicators (or even qualitative ones) for
the turn from groups to networks in western societies?

Also, please note that we also have chapters (among others) on:

Networked Families: have lots of marriage, family size, women working
indicators;

Networked Relationships: Community Lost > Liberated; Bowling
Alone/Networked; Social Isolation/Connectivity in America; Connected Lives

Networked Work: multiple work teams

Network Info: is the 2-step flow modified.

Please be hard-nosed. I have enough vague speculations myself;-)

 Barry Wellman