Another algorithm on clique overlap detection see:
Zeev Maoz 2006.*Network Polarization, Network Interdependence, and
International Conflict, 1816-2002./Journal of Peace Research,/43(4):
391-411.* <http://jpr.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/43/4/391>

????? Balazs Vedres:

> There seems to be a blindspot in sociology for overlapping groups. We used the Clique Percolation Method:
>
> http://angel.elte.hu/cfinder/
>
> that yielded interesting theoretical benefits to specify the significance of structural folding (the overlapping of groups) for entrepreneurial recombination and generative tension. Business groups do tend to overlap a lot, and overlapping groups are better performing, but more unstable. Needless to say, you need a historical dataset to understand what cohesion means (as Simmel, Moreno, and the early theoretical school of network ties clearly saw).
>
> http://www.personal.ceu.hu/staff/Balazs_Vedres/papers/vedres.stark.folds.pdf
>
> This article appears in the January issue of AJS.

Ilan Talmud, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
University of Haifa
Phones: 972-4-8240992 (office direct)
972-4-8240995 / 8249505 (secretaries)
(cell) 972-522-220914