FOG (available in ORA http://www.casos.cs.cmu.edu/projects/ora/) and see
the Social Network article - also let's you have an overlapping structure.

Davis, George & Carley, Kathleen. (2008). Clearing the FOG:
Understanding Interstitial Relationships with Fuzzy, Overlapping Groups.
Social Networks, 30, 201-212.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6VD1-4S2F5N0-1&_user=525223&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000026389&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=525223&md5=a3fb5517648bb87f9adae0cfe8a7ecba