Dear all
We would like to let you know that we are still accepting abstracts for this
special session. If you are interested in submitting an abstract for this
session please contact us by the Sunbelt submission deadline (January 15th).

Call for Abstracts for Special Session on "Words and Networks" at the 2010
International Sunbelt Social Network Conference

We are organizing a special session dedicated to interdisciplinary, cutting
edge research that brings together text analysis and social network analysis
for the 2010 Sunbelt Conference. The conference takes place at Riva del
Garda, Trento, Italy, from June 29 to July 4, 2010. While text analysis as
well as network analysis have evolved into mature yet still quickly
advancing fields, work at their intersection is still less prevalent. We are
looking for theoretical, methodological and empirical contributions that
jointly utilize un- or semi-structured, natural language text data and
relational data that denote interactions between social entities.
Presentations of innovative implementations of technical solutions that are
freely available to researchers are also welcome. The overarching goal with
this session is to bring together people who are actively working on
bridging the gap between text analysis and social network analysis.

How to submit an abstract to this session?

Abstract submission deadline is January 15th, 2010.  Sunbelt only accepts
abstracts that are no more than 250 words long, no full papers. This is to
guarantee that the presented work is most recent. You can bring a full paper
to the conference if you wish. We are asking people interested in submitting
an abstract to this special session to contact us by the Sunbelt submission
deadline. You can do this by simply replying to this email or by using the
email addresses below.

For submitting your abstract to this special session, please use the general
Sunbelt Submission page ( <https://www.insna.org/sunbelt/4_subabs.html>
https://www.insna.org/sunbelt/4_subabs.html). Select "Words and Networks"
from the "Session" drop-down list when you submit your abstract. To be extra
sure that the papers for this session will go together, put the name of the
session and the session organizers in the "additional notes" box on the
abstract submission form.

Abstracts submitted to this special session will be reviewed by the INSNA
organizers, not by the session organizers. The INSNA organizers may also
decide on the format of the paper presentation (20 minute presentations or
60 minute posters). For any further questions on abstract submission please
see FAQ on paper submission:
<http://www.insna.org/PDF/Sunbelt/4_SunbeltFAQPDF.pdf>
http://www.insna.org/PDF/Sunbelt/4_SunbeltFAQPDF.pdf. Additional information
on the 2010 Sunbelt Conference is provided under
<http://insna.org/sunbelt/> http://insna.org/sunbelt/.

Session organizers:
Jana Diesner, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University,
Pittsburgh, PA,  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
Kathleen M. Carley, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University,
Pittsburgh, PA,  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Peter A. Gloor, Center for Collective Intelligence, Massachusetts Institute
of Technology,  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

We are looking forward to your contributions.