Glad you were able to find a suitable dataset, but for others that may
find it useful, I'll reiterate Matthew's suggestion: the BTS does have
some excellent data for examining networks among cities (at least US
cities).  The Origin-Destination survey is perhaps the most
comprehensive.

In a paper forthcoming in Urban Studies, I describe how this data can
be used to construct intercity networks, including a method for
separating business from leisure travel.  The paper is currently
available on my website at:
https://www.msu.edu/~zpneal/publications.html

Best
Zachary