From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Matthieu Latapy
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 1:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: community identification algorithms

Hi all.

As long as I know, and as long as modularity maximisation
is the objective, the best algorithm currently available
is the one by Blondel et al.

It is:see
{see the figure below}. For related articles, see:

. extremely simple and elegant,
. extremely fast even on huge graphs,
. best in maximising modularity,
. suitable for weighted networks,
. able to produce multi-level decomposition,
. well documented and freely implemented.

See http://sites.google.com/site/findcommunities/ for
reference and code.

All the best,
ML