<<<-------- Barry Wellman-------->>>

> I would appreciate knowing if -- and how -- we could get a database of
> city-to-city airline routes -- to compare with other forms of networks.
>
> Amusingly, my first attempt at sending this query got bounced by Socnet's
> spam filter -- possibly because I added an airline joke. Have TSA and
> Socnet merged?

An old (1997) network of US airline connections (in Pajek format)
is at
  http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/data/mix/USAir97.net
It was available from The Bureau of Transportation Statistics.
Here are the original data
  http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/data/mix/USAir97.zip

Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, FMF, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia