SAGE? You mean this SAGE? http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2009/07/07/sage?

SAGE wants academics to be monkeys dancing for peanuts. 250$ in form
of heavy books? If the researchers here really want to contribute to
an encyclopedia, someone should start a wiki (in fact, hasn't one been
created already?). Editorship can be locked down on wikis so that only
approved academics can edit them, though the process to apply to
become an editor should be easy and transparent.

-Nicholas Guenther