Thank you for the notice Yannick!

For those that are not able to attend this workshop (like me), but are interested in seeing some SNA in igraph, you might be interested in this talk I gave at the NYC R Meetup in August on SNA in R with igraph: http://www.vcasmo.com/video/drewconway/7038

Thanks again Yannick!

On Jan 12, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Yannick Rochat wrote:

> Workshop : Social network analysis with R and the igraph package
> Lausanne, Switzerland
>

> Dear all,
>
> The Institute of Applied Mathematics of the University of Lausanne will organize on friday 29.01.2010 from 9h to 12h30 a workshop about social network analysis using the igraph package for R. Gábor Csárdi, co-creator and developer of this package, will be the speaker. Registration is free.
>

> Social network analysis with R and the igraph package
>
> Social network analysis is a discipline that emphasizes the
> relationship of the actors in social systems, over their individual
> properties.
>
> GNU R is a cross-platform, open source statistical software
> package. It is a de facto standard for statistical software
> development and data analysis. Igraph is an extension package to GNU
> R, and implements several (social) network analysis methods.
>
> This three hours workshop has four main parts. The first part is
> a crash-course to GNU R and igraph. The second part addresses the
> problem of small world networks; the third deals with network
> centrality, finding the key influential actors in social networks.
> Finally, the fourth part discusses methods for finding
> communities, building blocks in networks.
>
> All three problems are presented interactively, using various data
> sets. You are encouraged to take your laptop with you or use the
> desktop computers in the room. Please install R and the igraph package
> on your laptop before the workshop; the desktop computers have
> all the necessary software pre-installed. Please contact
> Yannick Rochat ( [log in to unmask] ) or Jean-Pierre Müller
> ( [log in to unmask] ) if you have problems installing R or igraph.
>
> Basic statistics and graph theory background is expected from the participants.
>

> If you're interested in participating, please inform me no later than monday 25.01.2010.
>
> All questions, comments or need for supplementary informations can be addressed to me.
>
> Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who could be interested.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Yannick Rochat - IMA - Université de Lausanne
> http://www.unil.ch/unisciences/YannickRochat

Drew Conway
Ph.D. Student
Department of Politics, New York University
http://www.drewconway.com/zia
@drewconway