From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of Lisa Osborne
Sent: Wed 1/6/2010 2:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Alternative Instructional Methods or Redesign Strategies for Basic/Developmental Reading Courses

Hello, all:

I would like to know if any of you out there are using an
alternative/redesign method for teaching your basic and/or developmental
reading courses. I've been hearing about these redesigned courses in
math but would like to know about different ways to deliver reading
courses. Traditionally, we have had a 3 hr course in our basic reading.
We are exploring the possibility of teaching the course as a lab with
the emphasis on a module based reading computer software and the teacher
acting as facilitator. If you are teaching reading courses in a variety
of ways and have any information, please share. Or you  email me at

Thanks

Dr. Lisa Osborne, Director

Academic Resource Centre

Bermuda College

Stonington Ave

Paget

Bermuda PG04

(441) 239-4102

This message and any attachments is intended for the use of the
individual at [log in to unmask] or the company named above only
and contains information that is privileged and/or confidential. If
prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please delete this
message and notify us immediately. If you are the intended recipient
and did not receive the complete message, please notify us by
telephone at (441)239-4397 or via email at [log in to unmask] - Thank you!