All,

In Bill Baggs Cape Florida SP, the La Sagra's Flycatcher was seen and heard 3 times today (1/23) by 10 AM. It called 8 times in rapid succession, while popping up at eye-level to give John Murphy a killer view. This was at 8:05 AM, ~10-12 yards east of the white gate. It flew north and later called 2-3 times, sounding like it was 100-200 ft away. Earlier it called twice, ~20 yards south of the gate. A Sharp-shinned Hawk flew out of that area and things quieted down.

Since it's been cooperative (I believe Bonnie had it close enough to preen her hair yesterday), I hope birders will report later today.

Robin Diaz
Key Biscayne, FL