Hello
   Andrew Thornton and I were able to see red-throated loons in flight and resting fairly close to shore yesterday evening and for the last few days.  It appears to have been quite some time since red-throated loons were observed in any numbers off this coast by me.
  We did a seawatch from a pullover (Ponte Vedra Park) that is located on A1A about three miles south of the GTMNERR entrance in St. Johns County.  Another location description would be about one mile north of the Serenata Beach Club (Condos).  There is a park pullover on the east side opposite the Fire Station on A1A.  It should be noted that the loons can probably be seen from any other coastal location, so no need to rush up to this particular spot.
  The tide was incoming and the water was fairly flat with the sun setting. They were still resting in the water when we left.  It was around 5:30pm.  We saw 2-3 red-throated loons in flight, plus 2-3 resting in the waters.  We feel our total seen were around 3-4 red-throated loons. We saw one common loon.

Diane Reed
St. Augustine, FL

Diane Reed
St. Augustine, FL