On childhood in fiction:

Brown, Penny. The Captured World: The Child in Nineteenth-Century
Women's Writing in England. Hemel Hempstead: Harvester Wheathsheaf, 1993.

Büssing, Sabine. Aliens in the Home: The Child in Horror Fiction. New
York: Greenwood Press, 1987.

Coveney, Peter. The Image of Childhood. Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1967.

Davis, Rocío G. Begin Here: Reading Asian North American Autobiographies
of Childhood. Honolulu: U of Hawai'i Press, 2007.

Jacobson, Wendy S. Dickens, the Empire and the Child. Houndmills:
Macmillan, 2000.

Lerner, Laurence. Angels and Absences: Child Deaths in the 19th Century.
Lesnik-Oberstein, Karin. Children's Literature: Criticism and the
Fictional Child. Oxford: Clarendon, 1994.

Neubauer, Paul, ed. Children in Literature--Children's Literature. Peter
Lang, Frankfurt, 2002.

Polhemus, Robert M. "Lewis Carroll and the Child in Victorian Fiction."
In The Columbia History of the British Novel. Ed. John Richetti et al.
New York: Columbia UP, 1994. 579-607.*

Raymond, Ernest. "The Child in Literature." In Raymond, Through
Literature to Life. 1928. London: Cassell, 1929. 70-105.

Westfahl, Gary, and George Slusser, eds. Nursery Realms: Children in the
Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. Athens (GA): U of
Georgia P, 1999.*

Zschirnt, Christiane. "15. Niños. Jean-Jacques Rousseau: Emilio o de la
educación. Charles Dickens: Oliver Twist. Lewis Carroll: Alicia en el
país de las maravillas. Mark Twain: Las aventuras de Huckleberry Finn.
Roald Dahl: Matilda. Joanne K. Rowling: Harry Potter." In Zschirnt,
Libros: Todo lo que hay que leer. Madrid: Santillana-Taurus, 2004. 311-330.*

JoseAngel
http://www.garcialanda.net