Hello BESTers,

     As I'm sure all of you know, food waste is a major problem
that must solved if you ever hope to achieve sustainability. Why
so much food is wasted is a complicated issue, stemming from cheap
food and the general lack of knowledge of our food systems.  Food
waste is estimated to cost the US approximately $1 billion.  This
article discusses some of these issues and outlines some of the
solutions that are already taking place.  It's a good article to
pass along to those that might not be as aware of our food waste
problems.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a71c98a4-0a00-11df-8b23-00144feabdc0.html

Food waste: Plenty of guilt and a very heavy footprint
Financial Times
Fiona Harvey
January 26, 2010