Thanks for forwarding this news about Quebec's investment in recyclign
organic waste.
http://www.buildingcanada-chantierscanada.gc.ca/media/news-nouvelles/2010/20100128quebec-eng.html

I am now an entrepreneur in Canada developing technologies to
instantly extract liquid fertilizer out of kitchen waste. I received a
small government grant (Ontario) to develop my first product (out of
en existing prototype) in collaboration with a local college. The
byproduct of my system is pre-decomposed solid residues, which are all
the easier to compost, or vermicast (vermicompost). Another positive
side-effect is expected to be more edible / urban home gardens. This
means people eating healthy food regardless of their income, and
somewhat greener cities.

Since one outlet to processed organic waste (even biodigester solid
residuals) is organic fertilizers, the recent Quebec investment in
organic waste recycling might mean more organic edible
gardens-awareness in the public.

--
Hala Chaoui, PhD, EIT
Research Engineer