The Alachua County School Board is seeking judges for the Alachua County
Regional Science and Engineering Fair.

Please find below a short note from the Alachua County Science
Coordinator with Science Fair information and specifics on how to register to be
a judge.

The annual Alachua Region Science and Engineering Fair is scheduled for
February 25, 2010. Will you help by serving as a judge?  Our students
work very diligently to participate in the regional fair and can greatly
benefit from having their projects judged by professionals.

Judges should plan to attend the entire event which is planned from 8:00
AM until approximately 3:00 PM at Santa Fe College.  Breakfast and lunch
will be served.  Detailed information will be mailed in early February,
2010.

We hope we can count on your participation this year.  Your interaction
with our students may encourage them to pursue a career in the science
and engineering profession.

If you are able to serve as a judge, please answer the questions on the
attached Registration Form and e-mail them back to Mary Jean Anderson at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  She will then
complete your registration.

If you have any questions, please call or e-mail Mary Jean Anderson
Phone: 352-955-7628;  E-mail address: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

ZoEllen Warren
Alachua Regional Science and
Engineering Fair Director

[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or
(352-955-7628)

Sara Charbonnet
Science Teacher, Westwood Middle School
Science Fair Chairperson

[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or (352)955-6718

The following information is needed for registration.

1. Your Title, First Name, Last Name

2. Your Position

3. Company Name

4. Mailing Address

5. City, State and Zip

6. Your e-mail

7. Your Phone Number

8. The judging areas for which you wish to be considered.

Please choose up to three categories and list in order of preference:

-Behavioral and Social Sciences

-Biochemistry

-Botany

-Chemistry

-Computer Science

-Earth Science

-Engineering

-Environmental Science

-Mathematics

-Medicine and Health

-Microbiology

-Physics

-Space Science

-Zoology

-Team

9. Please indicate whether or not you wish to be a lead judge

10. Please indicate whether or not this is the first time you have been
a judge

Dr. Ann C. Wilkie                          Tel: (352)392-8699
Soil and Water Science Department          Fax: (352)392-7008
University of Florida-IFAS
P.O. Box 110960                         E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, FL 32611-0960
Campus location: Environmental Microbiology Laboratory (Bldg. 246).
http://campusmap.ufl.edu/
BioEnergy and Sustainable Technology Society
http://grove.ufl.edu/~bests/