Sustainable Florida is now accepting nomination for its annual Best Practice Awards program to honor and promote outstanding examples of sustainable development principles – e.g., water and energy conservation, waste diversion, community engagement, building social capital, building green, transportation alternatives, historic preservation, healthy initiatives, organic farming, landscape innovations, and more.

The nomination deadline is at the end of March. The awards program will held June 4 at the Florida Green Building Coalition Green Trends conference. And, the Governor and Cabinet usually honor the winners with a resolution at a later meeting.

As a favor, I am asking that you share this news with your association members, conference participants, colleagues in your office who may be working with a client, member or partner on an initiative that is worthy of recognition, or  anyone else who you think would benefit from knowing about this opportunity. If you have a newsletter, please add a blurb in your electronic or printed messaging. You never know who is going green!

Below is a web-button for use on your website and text for your newsletter or mailout. Call if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for the support.

Tim Center, Esq.

Vice President, Sustainability Initiatives

Collins Center for Public Policy

2630 Centennial Place, Suite 2 - NEW ADDRESS

Tallahassee 32308

850/219.0082 x. 104 - office

850/219.0491 - fax

850/212.2684 - cell

SustainableFlorida - Collins Center, Director

Defining excellence for Florida's economic, environmental and social future since 1990!

Sign up for our FREE newsletter - Envision Florida!

Century Commission for a Sustainable Florida, Executive Director

Envisioning a Florida by Design not Default

Sign up for the Century Commission's Communique' e-newsletter

=============

Collins Center for Public Policy

    Thinking. Doing. For Florida.

        www.CollinsCenter.org

P Help save paper - do you really need to print this email?

[log in to unmask]" alt="http://www.collinscenter.org/resource/resmgr/sustainable_fl_docs/thinkyouregreenwebbutton.png">

Link the graphic to http://www.collinscenter.org/?1bSFAwardNom

Calling for Sustainable Florida Best Practice Award Nominations

Each year, Sustainable Florida – Collins Center recognizes best practices that promote and implement sustainable development principles.  Whether you are tackling issues regarding water, energy, waste, construction and development, education or more, tell Sustainable Florida. Whether you are an individual leader, large company or non-profit organization, there is  an award waiting for you.

Sustainable Florida is accepting nominations for its 12th Annual Best Practice Awards. More than 100 businesses, non-profit organizations, governmental groups and individuals have been honored for their work that demonstrates that a healthy environment and a healthy economy are mutually supportive. Even better is that the Governor and Cabinet bestow a resolution honoring the winners each year.

The nomination deadline is fast approaching. Nominate yourself, a colleague, a vendor or partner. Awards will be presented in several categories including Leadership, Small Business, Large Business, Non-Profit, Government, Partnership, and Green Building. An independent blue-ribbon panel of experts in sustainable practices will review and score the nominees. Nomination forms may be accessed on the web at www.CollinsCenter.org and are due March 31, 2010.