Dear Graduate Staff and Graduate Coordinators -

As a courtesy FYI, you are receiving an advance copy of the next email to be sent from the Graduate School to students who plan to graduate this semester. This email will be sent to the students on Monday, Feb 15.

It is critical that you make sure your students receive and follow the most recent guidelines and checklists.  These are found in the links below.  We encourage you and any other staff who work with graduate students to personally review all the documents because several procedures and processes in Editorial and Graduate Records have changed recently. We have seen more than a few students who are following outdated checklists for both Editorial and Graduate Records. As you can imagine, this causes frustration for all parties.

You will note that we instruct the students to discuss any problems with you, the graduate staff.

As you are aware, we cannot extend deadlines or make exceptions for any milestones, including processes that only the graduate staff can perform in GIMS.

Please make certain your program/s have established adequate internal communications/procedures, etc with your students to solve any of their issues.

We hope these messages will continue to improve the efficiency of the degree certification process for all!

Thanks for your attention.
Regards, Karen Bradley

****INFORMATION ONLY.  DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******

February 15,  2010