February 26, 2010

TO: 	Administrative Staff
cc: 	Graduate Coordinators

FROM:	Graduate Student Records

RE: 	Transfer Credit Procedural Change - effective February 26, 2010

There are two changes that we would like to announce that we believe will increase efficiency for both the academic unit and the Graduate School.

First, the pdf version of the Graduate Transfer Credit form has been removed from the Graduate School's Faculty and Staff Forms website because the form is available in GIMS.  Thus, if you have bookmarked this website, your bookmark will no longer retrieve the form.  Data Management will continue their efforts to migrate forms from this website to GIMS as resources allow.

The second change applies to transfer credit requests where the credit was earned at another institution.

Since students are responsible for providing an official, complete transcript to the Office of Admissions for all attended institutions and we are able to view these documents via ISIS Admin, academic units no longer need to provide an official complete transcript attached to the transfer credit request form.

We urge you to verify that the transcript on which the course(s) and credits are documented has been received in the Office of Admissions, and accepted as official and complete, before submitting a request for transfer credit.

If we are unable to retrieve an official, complete transcript from ISIS Admin, requests will be returned unprocessed.

We greatly appreciate the efforts that you make on the behalf of your graduate students and your commitment to our graduate education community.

*****
The Graduate School
University of Florida
http://gradschool.ufl.edu