Hello

Went to this interesting session last week: http://www.meetup.com/datarati/calendar/12078335/

Basically a local telco is using SNA to identify probable customer churn, disambiguate account information, target their marketing better, measure tribe rather than individual customer value, etc.

I believe these activities are quite common. But he made an interesting point: the marketing group is only partially able to execute on the insights he generates.

Another interesting point is that based on their phone/SMS activity, the most connected individuals are teenagers. But it strikes me that this is unlikely to be an accurate reflection of actual social connectivity in life in general (depending on what one means by that of course).

Cheers,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone