Jana,

I've tried again Pajek after Vlado's suggestion to find how to do it
at the Pajek manual and it does work. Thanks, Vlado. Also my thanks to
Pavel for the JFLAP suggestion.

On this occasion, let me also say that my interest on automata is not
restricted on just their drawing but I'm also exploring some ideas of
how to connect them with social networks (as graphs). In a nutshell,
although I haven't yet finished what I'm trying to do, my idea is to
correspond any graph with a finite automaton. In fact, clustering
graph nodes according to their degree distribution, I get a linear
automaton. If moreover, nodes possess attributes, then this becomes a
linear push-down automaton (or a linear bounded automaton as a form of
a Turing machine), in which attributes are stored as symbols in a
stack (or as a tape structure in a Turing machine). In this way
homophily amounts to holding the same symbol on top of the stack and
heterophily to an alternation of the upper stack symbol.

Jana, I was wondering whether you've ever seen similar uses of
automata in the field of networks of words that you're working.

Let me also say that I'm familiar with the work of John Skvoretz and
Tom Fararo on languages and grammars of action. Among my other goals,
I'm also trying to approach the same problem in a different
computational angle.

Anyway, whoever might want to give me any further suggestions on the
networks-automata tack is more than welcomed.

My best,

--Moses