I think it's too simple to compare it only to twitter. It imbricates the
most popular google apps (picasa, reader, youtube, blogspot, etc.) and some
others like twitter of flickr (and there is no word restriction). For
example, sharing blog articles is nowhere as easy as using google reader via
buzz, in my opinion (I'm currently not using twitter and facebook to share
links anymore).

The potential is huge, with more than 100 million users. Hence I'm looking
foward to discovering if people or groups of people will move to this
(better I think) service and how and who and where and when and how fast.
Having a map of the buzz evolution would give a lot of informations about
habits of internet users (and I'm certain google have some guys studying
that).

And I'm wondering if the fact that buzz is part of gmail is a good or a bad
point. Maybe people not owning any gmail account won't want another email
account. Any prediction ?

Yannick

Yannick Rochat - IMA - Université de Lausanne
http://www.unil.ch/unisciences/YannickRochat