From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 11:24 AM
To: Melissa B Brocato; [log in to unmask]; Saundra Y McGuire
Subject: Research Validating what Learnng Centers Do

 The Chronicle of Higher Education<http://chronicle.com/img/nameplate-250x43.gif>

An article from The Chronicle of Higher Education was forwarded to you by: [log in to unmask]

Message from the sender: Faculty members really ARE interested in teaching students HOW to learn. I think working with faculty to help them integrate our strategies into their courses is the way to go. Have a great week! Saundra

How Students Can Improve by Studying Themselves <http://chronicle.com/article/Struggling-Students-Can/64004/?key=HDh7JARuZiYfbCQyL3ITeiVQYCUuchh%2FYnVDZHYaYlhS>

A teaching experiment at the City University of New York demonstrates that failing students can learn to succeed in courses that break down their faulty study habits.

This premium article will be available to nonsubscribers at the link above for five days and at http://chronicle.com/article/Struggling-Students-Can/64004/?key=HDh7JARuZiYfbCQyL3ITeiVQYCUuchh%2FYnVDZHYaYlhS. The article is always available to Chronicle subscribers at http://chronicle.com/article/Struggling-Students-Can/64004/

Most E-Mailed

For-Profit Colleges Change Higher Education's Landscape <http://chronicle.com/article/For-Profit-Colleges-Change/64012/>
How 9th-Grade Gridlock Keeps Boys Out of College <http://chronicle.com/article/How-9th-Grade-Gridlock-Keeps/63995/>
The Big Lie About the 'Life of the Mind' <http://chronicle.com/article/The-Big-Lie-About-the-Life-of/63937/>
Well, Naturally We're Liberal <http://chronicle.com/article/Well-Naturally-Were-Liberal/63870/>
Struggling Students Can Improve by Studying Themselves, Research Shows <http://chronicle.com/article/Struggling-Students-Can/64004/>

Finding it hard to keep up with all that's happening in academe? The Chronicle keeps you up-to-date with award-winning reporting and analysis of current events in higher education. Academe Today, our daily e-mail newsletter is available to everyone. Go to http://chronicle.com/myaccount/newsletters to sign up.

(c) The Chronicle of Higher Education
1255 23rd Street NW
Washington, DC 20037