Hi Jim,

I'm not immediately aware of one, but I thought I'd seen somewhere (NARA or NIST?) that every 10 years should be the minimum. For me, I recommend 5 years or 2 software versions to clients because discrepancies can start cropping up that early. I also recommend building in a QC process at the time of "archiving" to confirm that the transfer was successful and, where you use optical discs for the "archival media", that you do at least a spot check within the first 6 months to ensure there were no bad batches used in your process.

Wish I had something to cite to you, but maybe someone else can provide more concrete guidance. WA, NY, MI folks? Others?

Respectfully submitted on behalf of myself and no other company, organization, association, entity, or board of directors,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM, CDIA+, ecmm, emmm, ermm
(303) 574-0749 direct
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins