The White-winged Scoter that has been frequenting the North Naples
Waste Water Treatment Plant in Collier County since last Saturday
when I found it has been drawing a lot of attention. Birders can be
seen on the overpass near the plant most anytime of the day. Today, I
was granted access to the retention ponds by David Faist, one of the
senior plant operators. I managed to get some decent photos of the
duck that I haven't yet processed. Eric Staats, Environmental Writer
for the Naples Daily News may be writing an article for the paper
about the bird. Also, my friend, Phil Nye, who is a volunteer at
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, phoned me this morning to say that there
are three male Shiny Cowbirds and possibly one female/juvenile still
coming to the feeders around the Blair Nature Center.

Vincent Lucas
Naples, FL