This system was developed by a couple of instructors at the New Mexico School for the Visually Handicapped and Blind, here in Alamogordo.  It was demonstrated to the tutors at our Academic Support Center but, because I am math challenged, it went over my head.  However, our math tutors felt it was a pretty clever system and you may find it useful.

http://www.instructionalindustries.com/

Marty McFarland
Assistant Coordinator,  Tutoring
Academic Support Center
New Mexico State University - Alamogordo
(575) 439-3811 Office

>>> "Burke, Jacintha" <[log in to unmask]> 2/16/2010 6:49 AM >>>
http://www.washington.edu/doit/

The link is an excellent resources for teaching students with visual impairments and other disabilities. The emphasis is on math and science. Although the resources were developed for faculty, they are useful in any teaching situtation.

Jacintha Burke
Director, Academic Skills Center
Disabled Student Services
King's College