Barb,

I am an adjunct instructor at Weber State University, and I am also a high school teacher.  At our high school, we are thinking about starting a writing center complete with tutors (seniors).  We'd like to get those tutors certified; at a minimum, we want them to be trained in such a way that they will have credible experience if they decide to apply on their future college campus to be a tutor.

Is this conference one that would be beneficial for someone from my school who's orchestrating next year's writing center?  If not, do you know of any conference or training that would be useful?

Thanks so much,
Debbie Davis

>>> Barbara Horn <[log in to unmask]> 02/18/10 4:05 PM >>>
The Northwest Tutoring Centers Conference will be held at Linn-Benton Community College, Albany, OR on Friday, May 21, 2010. Call for proposals,registration and contact information and  will be posted starting next week. If you are interested in helping organize the conference, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Barb Horn
Tutor Coordinator
Linn-Benton Community College
6500 SW Pacific Blvd. WH 229
Albany, OR 97321

541-917-4697

>>> Sharon Juenemann <[log in to unmask]> 2/17/2010 4:04 PM >>>
Does anyone have any info on the Northwest Tutoring Centers Conference for 2010?

Thanks,
Sharon

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.mhcc.edu/lsc>