All UF students are invited to the see the Daily International Voice of the
Gator Nation in action Thursday evening April 1st.  The Gator Amateur Radio
Club will be holding an open house at our radio station W4DFU that evening
and participating/leading College Satellite nights, where students across
the country represent their Universities and make contact with other amateur
radio stations through the direct use of satellites placed in orbit, built
by ham operators.  A satellite launched in 1974 is still working, not bad
for a bunch of amateurs!

Our sister club, the Small Satellite Design Club has the SG funded Gator
Nation Earth Station located at W4DFU.  Their two pound nano-satellite
SwampSat is tentatively scheduled for launch in November 2010.  The same
equipment allows UF students to be Satellite active for recreational
purposes.  W4DFU has earned the VUCC on satellite award (rules at
http://www.arrl.org/awards/vucc/VUCCRULE1a.pdf ).  We have satellite totals
of 140 grids worked and 109 currently confirmed (100 needed for the award).
Currently earned W4DFU awards can be viewed at
http://gatorradio.org/dx.html.

For more information about our open house, SG club, and room D11-27 location
(QTH) see our Website at www.gatorradio.org <http://www.gatorradio.org/> .
We hope to see you on Thursday April 1st, 7pm.  All UF students are invited
to join our club that has served UF since 1934!

Dr. Jay Garlitz, AA4FL

Faculty Advisor, Gator Amateur Radio Club

E-mail [log in to unmask]

follow instructions located at:   http://gatorradio.org/listserv.html
http://GatorRadio.org  W4DFU Gator Amateur Radio Club (352)846-0239