Thursday evening April 1st is an exciting one for GARC members, alumni and friends.  We have something for you to participate in no matter where you live, or are at, starting at 2200 UTC.  Join us by local repeater, echolink node 258454, or live in person at club station W4DFU.

From 7-10pm we are having an open house at W4DFU.  Come by and work the club’s software defined Flex 5000A and try your hand at 40m DX and PSK31.

The evening actually starts out with College Satellite nights at 6 pm, a monthly event UF has taken the national lead for. If you are satellite active or can come by W4DFU from 22:00 UTC to 05:00 UTC, get on many of the birds and make as many contacts as you can.  Birds include AO51, SO50, AO7, VO52, HO-68 and FO-29, and they should all have passes during that time. Expect many college club stations to participate in the US and surrounding countries.

7pm is our monthly Gator Alumni and Friends net on our local 146.91/31 repeater.  Echolink in on node 258454 from anywhere in the world.  Net control is UF alumnus Nigel Ricards, KB4F, of Boca Raton, FL

7:30 pm is the AMSAT Florida net.  We will be having this net in conference on our local repeater so check in locally on the 146.91/.31 repeater or by echolink.

See or hear you Thursday!

73, Dr. Jay Garlitz, AA4FL

Gator ARC Faculty Advisor at UF

www.gatorradio.org