Thomas,

Let me give a plug for my own survey article on the topic:
http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm/papers/comnotices.pdf

Given that you'll need more detail than what I have in my article, you'll
also want to look in Santo Fortunato's encyclopedic review:
http://sites.google.com/site/santofortunato/review_comm.pdf?attredirects=0

Let me know if you want any more information.

-----
Mason

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:28:05 +0100
> From:    Thomas Plotkowiak <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Community Analyis SNA Textbook material
>
> --000e0cd111b284efa50481f3598f

> Hi,
>
> I was looking into an introduction or more advanced material about community
> or clustering detection in SNA.
> Are there any good papers/surveys/textbooks that could give me an overview,
> and (important for me) that also explain how the measures are calculated,
> and which clustering method is used?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Cheers
> Thomas

> --000e0cd111b284efa50481f3598f

> Hi,<br><br>I was looking into an introduction or more advanced material abo=
> ut community or clustering detection in SNA. <br>Are there any good papers/=
> surveys/textbooks that could give me an overview, and (important for me) th=
> at also explain how the measures are calculated, and which clustering metho=
> d is used?<br>
>
> --000e0cd111b284efa50481f3598f--
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of SOCNET Digest - 15 Mar 2010 to 16 Mar 2010 (#2010-47)

-----
Mason

  Mason A. Porter
  University Lecturer (and Tutorial Fellow, Somerville College)
  Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
  Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford

  Homepage: http://www.maths.ox.ac.uk/~porterm, IM: tepid451
  Blog: http://masonporter.blogspot.com/
  "I don't know. Maybe the knowledge of asymptotic analysis will lead
   to less starvation among African children?"

 	--- Me, in an early draft of a grant proposal when asked to address
 		how the project will help with the socio-economic
 		development of third-world countries