Hello,
I am doing an application of SNA and need to convince a decision maker that centrality measures are better for identifying influential actors than subjective analysis of a link diagram.  I know West Point did an experiment that some cadets presented at Sunbelt 2007, that showed subjective analysis was influenced mainly by the arbitrary size and layout of nodes.  Does anyone know where I can find refereed papers that support this finding.  I can't imagine that this hasn't already been done, but I am hoping someone can point me to one or two papers that I can use for my applied project.
Thanks,

Ian McCulloh
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T