Once again, hello all!
I'm conducting network analysis of author/author citation network data. It
was obtained by checking bibliographies of Russain sociological journals for
references between St. Petersbourg sogiologists. I have 288x288 symmetric
weighted adjacency matrix and several actor attributes (age cohort,
institution, gender).
My idea is to check, whether their mutual citation patterns coincide with
their institutional relations. In order to do this, I need to aggregate them
into clusters, subgroups, cliques etc. So, the question is: what approach
and method should I use? Should it be cohensive networks or structural
equivalence? CONCOR, cluster analysis or clique detection methods?
I've read the articles, found in this listserve's archieve on citation
network analysis, but they are mostly about co-citation, journal-to-journal
citation, affiliation networks and so on.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Alexander.

--
Alexander Semenov.
MA student

Graduate Student in Sociology at
State University - Higher School of Economics
http://www.hse.ru/eng