See the below as well.  They are for cohesive subgroups, but the first piece
has some for structural similarity as well

 <https://www.msu.edu/%7Ekenfrank/papers/mapping%20interactions.pdf> Frank,
K. 1996. Mapping interactions within and between cohesive subgroups. Social
Networks 18: 93-119.

 <http://www.insna.org/Connections-Web/Volume19/connections1996_XIX-2.pdf>
Frank, K. A. and Yasumoto, J. 1996. "Embedding Subgroups in the Sociogram:
Linking Theory and Image". Connections 19 (1): 43-57
<https://www.msu.edu/%7Ekenfrank/papers/connections.pdf> .

 <https://www.msu.edu/%7Ekenfrank/papers/ffe.pdf> Frank, K.A. & Yasumoto, J.
(1998). "Linking Action to Social Structure within a System: Social Capital
Within and Between Subgroups." American Journal of Sociology, Volume 104, No
3, pages 642-686

<https://www.msu.edu/%7Ekenfrank/papers/compartments%20revealed,%20final%20p
df.pdf> Krause, A., Frank, K.A., Mason, D.M., Ulanowicz, R.E. and Taylor,
W.M. (2003). "Compartments exposed in food-web structure." Nature
426:282-285

See https://www.msu.edu/~kenfrank/research.htm#representation