Hello all
   Here's an obscure question:  I am trying to use the Northern California
Community Survey (NCCS) data from 1977 with Claude Fischer as the PI, and
it turns out that the documentation at ICPSR for the community survey is
incomplete such that it is impossible to read in the community data file
(I can read in the respondent and network files). What I'm wondering is if
anyone here has ever used these data at some point (perhaps in the distant
past?) and can either point me to documentation describing what exactly
the fixed format is for these community data, or has an old copy of the
community data, or something else?  (I've talked to the folks at ICPSR and
they cannot find this even in their musky archives).
   Any help or pointers is appreciated.
   thanks much!
  john

***Statistics means never having to say you're certain.***
John Hipp
Associate Professor
Department of Criminology, Law & Society
University of California--Irvine
Mail: Social Ecology II,
Irvine, CA 92697
Office: 3311 Social Ecology II