Kristie,

TRW Space & Defense in Redondo Beach, CA was one of the first large companies to regularly use SNA in HR... in the early 1990s!  We mapped and measured networks of engineers and scientists building all sorts of satellite systems.   That part of TRW is now part of Northrup Grumman... don't know what they are doing with SNA.

I will discuss some of those TRW projects in my keynote at this conference in Copenhagen this week:  http://bit.ly/c8Xrwn

Valdis Krebs
http://orgnet.com