William Simpson wrote a very useful (though underused) QAP program for STATA that performs the basic QAP reassignments for any statistical procedure.  You can read about his method here –

http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/asug01/1.2.html

If you are interested, I am not aware of a place on the web where the code is accessible, but I can send it to you.

Chris Weare

From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alicia Bunger
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] QAP and Path Analysis

Hi,

I’m working on my dissertation examining inter-organizational relationships in mental health.  I’ve been using QAP correlations to explore bivariate relationships (at the dyadic level), but I would like to test some hypothesized mediation effects using path analysis (again, at the dyadic level). I came across a working paper where the QAP correlation matrix was used in Lisrel instead of raw data to account for the autocorrelation but haven’t seen other examples of that approach.  I was wondering if you were aware of any papers or discussions about using QAP in path analysis… or had any thoughts on this topic!

Thanks,

Alicia Bunger

Alicia C. Bunger, MSW

NIMH Pre-doctoral Trainee