***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Once again, hello all!
I'm conducting network analysis of author/author citation network data. It was obtained by checking bibliographies of Russain sociological journals for references between St. Petersbourg sogiologists. I have 288x288 symmetric weighted adjacency matrix and several actor attributes (age cohort, institution, gender).
My idea is to check, whether their mutual citation patterns coincide with their institutional relations. In order to do this, I need to aggregate them into clusters, subgroups, cliques etc. So, the question is: what approach and method should I use? Should it be cohensive networks or structural equivalence? CONCOR, cluster analysis or clique detection methods?
I've read the articles, found in this listserve's archieve on citation network analysis, but they are mostly about co-citation, journal-to-journal citation, affiliation networks and so on.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Alexander.

--
Alexander Semenov.
MA student

Graduate Student in Sociology at
State University - Higher School of Economics
http://www.hse.ru/eng