Dear list members,

I must betray my ignorance: starting my first social network analysis
based on a survey citing 450+ names, and used to work with Excel, I was
wondering how members of this list create matrices bigger than 256*256?
(Excel is limited to 256 columns).

Solutions would have included switching to Open Office Calc, which
accepts 1022 columns, or using more sophisticated softwares.

But those of you used to Excel and VBA might be interested in the
release of Excel 2010, available for free in beta version, which takes
up to *16384* columns: problem solved!

Best wishes,

Clement

___________________

Clement Levallois

Rotterdam School of Management | Erasmus Studio KNAW

Erasmus University

Room T10-16

Burg. Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam

The Netherlands

tel +31-10-4082578 | fax +31-10-4089011

email [log in to unmask] | www.clementlevallois.net

De informatie  verzonden in dit e-mail bericht  inclusief de bijlage(n) is
vertrouwelijk  en is  uitsluitend  bestemd  voor de geadresseerde  van dit
bericht. Lees verder: http://www.eur.nl/email-disclaimer

The information in this e-mail message  is confidential and may be legally
privileged. Read more: http://www.eur.nl/english/email-disclaimer