HI all,

    The GREEN-TAILED TOWHEE was at it's usual location at Ft. Pickens yesterday. I watched it at leisure as it fed in the middle of the path. This is the fourth month of its stay, Lucy and I having found it on Nov. 1!! Of course various birders sprinkling seed at the same spot time after time is most certainly an enticement for it to hang around. Also present near the entrance to the main fort were gobs of sparrows, Chipping, Field, Song, Vesper and LARK SPARROWS, the latter have been there since October! Two JUNCOS are also present at the west side of the main campground (which is closed) but can be accessed from the Battery Worth picnic area through the bike path. They have been there for over a week. The weather up here is horrible, gales and rain last night and clearing and cold for the next two days with blistering cold strong NW winds. Better weather is expected by the end of the week.

Good birding,

Bob Duncan