Hi everyone,

Students at our university take placement tests on Day 1 of Summer Orientation. There has been discussion of moving to online placement testing, so I'm investigating resources for such in math and foreign languages, and I need your help. If you're using an online service, could you please answer the following questions?

For which subject(s) do you offer placement testing?

Which online placement testing service do you use?

How long has your institution used the service?

If you've done studies comparing the accuracy of the course placements vs. your previous testing system; or by looking at course grade outcomes, could you briefly share the results?

Do students take the tests onsite or at a testing center offsite? If onsite, how does that work? (number of testing rooms and sessions, proctors, equipment needed, etc.) If not onsite, how do you know the student is the one actually taking the test?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance you can provide.

Karen Carmichael, Ed.D.
Associate Director, Learning Resource Center/Treasurer, Staff Senate
Loyola Marymount University
310-338-7696