Hello, All.

Just wanted to report that the Bald Eagle nest that has been in the Greenwood Cemetery and seen many, many chicks fledge over the years finally lost its battle with the elements. I knew I should have brought my camera back with me last Wednesday to get shots of the 2 chicks on the edge of the nest but the mass of other photographers (who have basically seemed to camp out there for the past year or so) and the couple of funerals going on lead me not to.

Guess the high winds Thursday or Friday had their say after the tree died during the 2004 hurricanes but has been hanging in there ever since. Tree is snapped in half, nest on the ground. No sign of the young when I went through today. Woodpeckers were not complaining.

If anyone knows if they have seen the young eagles I would appreciate a note offline.

I had always hoped that the birds would choose a different pine tree nearby, but...

Andrew Boyle
Orlando, FL